Danny Amendola’s injury has opened the door for somebody to take on extra looks for the St. Louis Rams. Amendola has more than twice as many yards with 395 as the next closest guy.
That guy is Brandon Gibson and he is second on the Rams with 186 receiving yards through five games. The only other receiver with 100+ yards is Chris Givens, and he has 112 on just four catches. Clearly he’s not a big part of the attack.
Amendola was head and shoulders ahead of the pack with 49 targets. Gibson is the closest with 23. Steve Smith, who has been a healthy scratch the past two games, could see an uptick in action, but Gibson is the only one to even consider for fantasy lineups.
He started off fine, topping 50 yards and scoring a touchdown in each of the first two games. Since then he has just seven catches for 80 yards in three games. Obviously without Amendola those numbers should go up.
The Rams’ opponents over those past three games were Chicago, Seattle, and Arizona. They are much more formidable foes than Detroit and Washington when Gibson had his most productive games.
His next three match-ups are against Miami, Green Bay, and New England. I don’t think he’s going to make anybody think that the Greatest Show on Turf is back, but he could be a fairly productive option for the next few weeks.
If you have a roster spot that is expendable, it may not be a bad idea to give Gibson a look.
Also check out:
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy QB Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy RB Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy WR Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy TE Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy K Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Start/Sit Options
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Sleepers
- 2012 Week 5 Fantasy Football Get ‘em or Don’t Sweat ‘em
- Will Reggie Wayne Continue to Thrive?
- 2012 Week 5 NFL Picks
Check out other great articles at lesterslegends.com.